We made some cute and very tasty tree decorations using our Christmas dough cutters.
Here’s the recipe we used.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with grease proof
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough. Refrigerate if necessary.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of
6. Using your Christmas biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and
place onto the baking tray. To make into Christmas tree decorations,
carefully make a hole in the top of the biscuit using a straw.
7. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
8. For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in
enough water to create a smooth mixture. Stir in the food colouring.
9. Carefully spread the icing onto the biscuits using a knife and decorate
with your chosen decoration. Set aside until the icing hardens.